Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Being the new person is tough...even as an adult!

Hello W3 World....long time no see (or type in my case)!

It's been a while since I've blogged....work, classes, life, etc., I promise I will do better.

When I first decided to change my business name, take all the steps to making sure that the legal things were all taken care of, revamp all my documents, business cards, company shirts and all of the other 1 million things that I've done so far. I was ready to march forward, full speed ahead....then I got the "new girl on the block" feeling (you know the "newbie" jitters).

I've been in the wedding industry, in some form, all of my life practically. Whether I was singing, decorating, consulting, coordinating or bridal attending, I was there and I've enjoyed every bit of it.

Now that I'm on my own, and I do mean on my own, "step out on faith" means more to me now than it ever has. I don't have a business partner, nor do I have an extensive portfolio anymore (that's a very long story). But nonetheless, I'm still standing....nervous and all. People know me for my vocals, but very few people know me for my event planning capabilities and poetic writings (yes, I stay woke). And let's just be honest, most people are afraid to give a new person a shot and take a chance on a new company being a part of one of the most important days of their life (wedding, anniversaries, birthday/milestones, etc.). I'm in the process of trying to get bids on events so that I can at least get my name to the surface, create business/vendor relationships and do the thing that TRULY make me happy.....being a blessing to others.

I know Yahweh will make a way, and I trust Him with my whole heart....I just know that if I got a shot to display my talents, I could take this world by storm (and I do mean WORLD)!!!!! Time is of the essence and patience is "definitely" a virtue. So until next time, "Have a W3 Day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment