Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 12, 2015

I'm A Work In Progress!

I try my best to be a better person with every awakening day! I'm not perfect, but trust me, I try my best to be better than I was the day before. I currently struggle, and have always struggled, with letting go of past hurts and disappointments. I tell myself all of the time that I have let go of certain things. But have I truly? I can honestly say that I harbor no ill feelings towards anyone. But if I am truly honest with myself, I will say that there are people that I definitely avoid because of hurt. To guard myself, I stay away from certain people, and places, to keep from experiencing those feelings again.  

At times I feel like I suppress my true feelings too often, just to keep the peace. And that usually only ends up with my peace in shambles, and not the other person. They are able to go on with their day and I am left steaming! I am currently working on being able to say what needs to be said in the moment, but in a very tactful and restrained way. I never want to hurt any one's feelings or break someone down, but I need to learn to let things go, truly let them go. 

I am a work in progress, and so are my words!

No comments:

Post a Comment